new patient paperwork
You can fill out your medical history, consent to treat, and facility waiver forms and bring it with you or email it to me prior to your first appointment. There are 3 forms total which you will need to sign.
In the state of Tennessee you do NOT need a physician's referral to initiate care with a physical therapist. This is called Direct Access. Direct Access saves you time and money while expediting your path to recovery.
Should you require physical therapy for the SAME injury for more than 30 days, we will notify your physician chiropractor, dentist, or podiatrist and request a physical therapy referral.
Should you require physical therapy for a DIFFERENT injury, you are able to see a physical therapist via Direct Access according to Tennessee State Law.
Leah Sawyer Physical Therapy is an out-of-network provider, meaning that we do not participate directly with any insurance company. That being said, patients typically SAVE money as they require fewer visits and often pay less per visit as compared to an in-network.
Payment is accepted in the form of credit card, HSA card, or cash upon booking your appointment. If desired, we will provide you with a receipt of services which you can submit to your insurance company. In this case, we highly recommend that you contact your insurance company first and ask the following questions:
- What is my out-of-network physical therapy benefit?
- What is my out-of-network deductible and has it been met?
- How many visits/sessions am I allowed each year?
- What is the coverage amount for each physical therapy session?
- Is a referral/prescription required from my primary care physician?
- Is authorization required to continue sessions beyond the evaluation, and what are the requirements for authorization?
- What is the address to mail the claim forms to?
Leah Sawyer Physical Therapy is not a Medicare Provider. If you are a medicare beneficiary and would still like to receive physical therapy OR health and wellness services at Leah Sawyer Physical Therapy, please contact us directly.
Where is leah sawyer pt located?
Leah Sawyer PT is a concierge physical therapy practice, meaning you will be treated in the comfort of your own home. This saves you time, hassle and the cost of childcare, missed work, etc.